SC - Sales Commission
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
The primary purpose of the job is to:
In partnership with their assigned Regional Vice Presidents, the Internal Wholesaler focuses on growing new business in support of regional sales goals. This role assists in developing and managing distribution relationships by facilitating regional business production, creative selling and problem resolution.
The Internal Wholesaler acts on behalf of the Regional Vice President in their absence, providing internal support, training of distribution staff and as a general knowledge source.
- Assists in the development and management of regional business plans, aligning with the RVP to develop and grow new business within assigned territory.
- Analyzes territory production to determine sales growth opportunities, providing continuous feedback to the RVPs about MGA changes, issues or items of interest.
- Routine communication updates with Regional Vice President to share/collaborate on joint regional sales activities, reviews sales reports, generates marketing concepts & ideas, coordinates sales success stories and shares relevant Company information
- Distributes marketing ideas and presentations based on distribution profiles and marketing strategies. Assists with development and execution of special marketing campaigns and special project assignments.
- Proactive daily outbound sales calls to MGA's educating them about American General products, discuss agency niche opportunities, challenges, recommend case design solutions, marketing ideas and advanced sales concepts to drive increased production.
- Participates in and delivers new and existing product and sales training to enhance performance and career development.
- Expanded knowledge of Life Insurance products and familiarity with Advanced Sales concepts
- Strong communication (verbal & written) and relationship building skills
- Discretion, judgment and listening skills
- Requires a demonstrated record of self-direction, initiative, leadership, problem-solving and adaptability
- Strong public speaking with the ability to plan, organize, develop and deliver effective presentations to a targeted audience
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, illustrations, internet, electronic marketing
- Strong service orientation
- Proven telemarketing/telephone skills
- Bachelors degree
- 1-3 years experience
- Life & Health License - required
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives