Sr. Sourcing Manager
CS - Corporate Services
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Sr. Sourcing Manager
The Sr. Sourcing Manager will be responsible for sourcing third party suppliers, according to corporate policies and procedures. Sr. Sourcing Manager will thoroughly diagnose client business needs, collaborate with legal counsel, and support contract negotiations that maximize customer value while mitigating risk. Sr. Sourcing Manager will draft agreements which incorporate all negotiated business terms to assist legal counsel in drafting documents which appropriately document agreed upon business terms such as deliverables, pricing, SLAs, specifications, etc. Generally involves independent judgment and analysis of significant issue identification and resolution.
Key Responsibilities / Job Duties
- Work with the Global Head of L&R Sourcing to:
- Develop and Implement process changes.
- Attend strategy meeting with the Business.
- Interact with Business and IT Executives.
- Partner with the business.
- Determine the best approach to take, to support the business and mitigate risk.
- Resolve internal issues.
- Define the business requirements with the business.
- What is the business trying to achieve, what is the scope, timing, budget, is this part of a larger program?
- This will take some back and forth with the business.
- Lead negotiation of business requirements for routine through complex vendor engagements
- Review and preparation of terms sheets which incorporate all agreed upon business terms
- Define the Sourcing Strategy with the business with the business.
- RFx (competitive bid), Sole Source, Targeted negotiation
- Perform in depth analysis of existing contracts or proposed contract amendments against client business needs, draw conclusions, prepare comprehensive summaries, and present back to the client in a concise manner
- Coach colleagues, transfer knowledge, and develop team members to be more effective in their current roles
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to draft documents which describe negotiated and agreed upon business terms with third party vendors to assist legal counsel in drafting final vendor agreements
- Comprehensive knowledge of typical corporate policies and procedures, coupled with ability to identify required improvement to established policies and to communicate implementation procedures to others
- Expert knowledge of purchasing contracting concepts and processes, including deep understanding of contract business terms and working knowledge of contract legal terms.
- Strong analytical, collaboration and communication skills
- Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills
- Strong customer service orientation including demonstrated issue resolution and relationship management skills
- Ability to quickly master AIG contracting processes, terminology, political environment, systems and unique requirements by various business groups
- Solid decision making ability using available facts in sensitive client situations
- Mastery of various project documentation and tracking systems
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience with responsibility for sourcing and/or negotiating agreements
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives