Associate Actuary - Universal Life Pricing and Product Development
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American International Group, Inc.
AIG has an opportunity for an Assistant Actuary on their Universal Life Pricing Team.
This actuary will be a member of a team responsible for designing, developing, pricing, and managing AIG's individual universal life insurance line of business which includes Secondary Guarantee UL, Equity Indexed UL, Variable UL, and Survivor UL products. Our goal is to create innovative, competitive products whose returns are commensurate with the inherent risks.
Product Development and Pricing work will entail:
1. Collaboration with distribution to brainstorm innovative solutions
2. Gathering information on markets and competitor products
3. Prototype design
4. Creation of technical specifications
5. Collaboration with IT systems
6. Model development and coding
7. Assumption development
8. Rate Setting
9. Policy form review with Legal and Compliance
10. Creation of state filings materials and communication with the state departments themselves
11. Presenting to management the results and risks
The preferred applicant would have the following characteristics/experience:
1. Fellow or Associate in the Society of Actuaries with 5+ years of experience
3. Familiarity with US individual life insurance products, the regulatory environment, and GAAP
4. Excellent Spreadsheet and database capabilities (Excel, MS Access and VBA)
5. Experience with Actuarial Software such as Prophet, MG-ALFA, or Axis. Prophet is preferred.
7. Desire to constantly improve - your work and yourself
8. Strong communication (oral and written) and influencing skills
9. Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, challenge status quo and promote new solutions
10. Undergraduate degree in actuarial science, mathematics or statistics
11. Location: Nashville
12. Travel Requirements: Minimal
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives