Sr Consulting Programmer Analyst - Illustrations
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
The analyst in the Life Illustrations technology team will be responsible for:
- Evaluating sales or inforce illustration requests to determine their feasibility and interpret specifications
- Recommend solutions and design improvements for increased efficiency
- Implement complex applications and analyze production problems and debug
- Ability to perform development in C# and C++ environment a plus
- Investigate and resolve systems and programming problems
- Troubleshoot, debug, provide recommendations and execute solutions.
- Research and design approaches to new complex illustration system features for implementation
- Experience designing, documenting, and communicating effective technical solutions meeting end-user requirement
- Test and troubleshoot to ensure quality of applications
- Support / Provide documentation of all development approaches
- Modify source code and test new and enhanced systems and programs from general requirements.
- Unit test all work prior to delivery to ensure quality
- Support production and provide time / development estimates for development work
- Provide training and or mentor less experienced staff
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested
The Ideal candidate will have the following:
• Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology or related field preferred.
• 5-10 years of progressive programming experience with 3 years of analytical experience preferred. 5 years of C# experience preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience with web services in varying technologies. WCF and .NET Core experience preferred.
• Experience with the creative usage of software patterns a plus.
• Cloud experience a plus.
• Experience working in Life Insurance Company within illustrations is a plus
• Understanding of appropriate business operations; environments such as: mainframe, client/server; Web; Mobile or LAN; applicable languages, software, and one or more applicable database languages and testing tool; system development and implementation.
• Experience with Visual Studio 2010 & 2013 preferred
• Ability to meet deadlines in fast paced work environment
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives