Business Analyst Specialist - Fraud Authentication
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American International Group, Inc.
The Operations Financial Controls area conducts research and analysis to quantify business opportunities and issues around fraud and authentication controls. Serves as senior subject matter expert associated with content, processes, and procedures.
- Works with business unit to address opportunities for improvements in processes and to mitigate issues as they arise between business units.
- Work with management to confirm the factual accuracy of issues and determine appropriate remediation to address issues; evaluate the timeliness of proposed remedial actions by management.
- Resolution often requires problem solving skills because the issues are not documented. Working with training department to ensure proper risk/control documentation is kept current and with IT leaders on system solutions.
- Facilitates transfers of information and problem resolution between business units. Provides information and documentation as necessary.
- Analyzes business processes, prepares presentations for management to make recommendations for executives for improvements in major processes.
- Develops formal recommendations for presentation to management that may impact business policies.
- Liaison between operations and SIU, Privacy Officer, SRM, Legal and Consumer Affairs
- Create and run mock threat assessments
- Create and publish Reporting related to all identified fraud issues
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- Professional experience in one or more of the following areas desired: Internal Audit, Compliance, Financial Operations, Operations Management
- 5-10 years professional experience, including minimum 3 years insurance industry
- Project Management a plus, certification a plus but not required
- Excellent management skills to direct and coordinate various functions of the department
- Excellent organization skills, ability to multi task and set priorities and manage multiple activities involving all levels and across departments and multiple locations
- Excellent communication skills -oral, written presentation and business writing
- Analytical aptitude - recognize, analyze, and recommend innovative control
- Excellent interpersonal skills - easily build relationships, team build and network across departments and with all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated record of high performance
- Works well under tight deadlines
- Focus on identifying risks and evaluating control design and operating effectiveness
Effective relationship management skills - with staff at all levels
- Ability to influence without authority, work with senior business owners across functional groups
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Strong business sense/decision making ability
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.