Senior Project Manager - Application Development
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American International Group, Inc.
AIG is seeking a proactive, energetic and result oriented Senior IT Project Manager for to support its Pensions business. The individual will be responsible for managing one or more highly complex IT program(s) consisting of multiple projects. The program manager will be managing a transformation initiative to migrate an existing a business onto a new platform. The program manager will be responsible for managing a team of business and IT stakeholders located in multiple locations. The scope of work is comprised of a large functional enhancement effort, along with data conversion, and image migration activities.
- Drives the program strategy, supporting business case and various enterprise wide high-level project plans.
- Prepares and ensures integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business.
- Responsible for delivering all projects contained in the IT project portfolio on time, within budget and meeting the strategic and business requirements.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and recommending adjustments to Project Managers.
- Communicates the program strategy, direction and changes with IT leadership, business leadership and IT business consultants (onshore and offshore).
- Partners with senior leadership of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the program and business objectives.
- Works with partner application areas (internal and external) to deliver capabilities on behalf of the program
- Manages risks throught the life cycle of the project and makes contingency plans to manage issues that pose risk to budget, time delivery or functionality
- Manages projects thoughout all phases of the development cycle (waterfall and agile)
- Determines detailed information requirements of the project stakeholders and ensures two-way communciation
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested
- Business knowledge of the Pensions buyout business and operations processes required
- Other Institutional Markets business knowledge a plus (COLI/BOLI, Structured Settlements, Stable Value Wrap)
- Demonstrated experience with SDLC, such as waterfall and agile
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, & time management skills
- Ability to communicate with senior leaders and directly work with project team members and guiding their work
- Demonstrated ability to not only directly work with vendors but manage and set high expectations
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
- 6-9+ years experience managing large, complicated projects
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.