Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Mass Affluent Business within Morgan Stanley provides wealth management services to clients remotely, through a call center model. Employees within this business include Remote Financial Advisors, Client Service Associates, Operations Associates & Risk Officers.
The Financial Advisor will be part of a team that supports the Mass Affluent channel (households below $250K) by providing world class client service. In addition, the FA will provide investment advice and guidance based upon an individual client’s financial needs and objectives within a call center environment. The FA will not have a book of business or own any individual client relationship; they will be the primary contact for a client’s service and financial needs. The role will require the FA to deepen relationships with Mass Affluent clients through portfolio review, outbound call-out campaigns, retention strategies and providing solutions for client needs.
Job responsibilities include handling a high volume of client contact and activity, conducting research in connection with various product requests and identifying client growth opportunities. This individual is expected to handle incoming and outgoing calls within a call center framework. The FA will build strong business relationships and offer financial recommendations and solutions in the best interest of the client. The individual must thoroughly understand all Morgan Stanley systems and comply with all Morgan Stanley policies and procedures.
- In a team-based environment, builds and manages client relationships by offering advice, reviewing portfolio, gauging client circumstances and goals (including suitability and risk tolerance) and identifying new asset opportunities
- Has a thorough understanding of the current financial markets, the Firm’s products and those of its strategic partners. Uses this knowledge to tailor advice and guidance for each client’s circumstances, investment objectives and goals leveraging appropriate products and services
- Focus on improving client satisfaction by emphasizing world class individualized client service, 100% accuracy, responsiveness and follow-through; strives to exceed client expectations
- Resolves all open client account alerts, maintains regular client contact to ensure updated client profile information
- Focus on meeting business objectives and doing so in a professional manner
- Acting with the highest ethical standard and putting clients’ needs above all other considerations
- Risk recognition and mitigation, including ensuring a thorough understanding of and adherence to all policies and procedures. Uphold requirements of the Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment of client contact where inbound and outbound phone calls are the primary communication tool
- Manage client interactions through detailed note documentation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Licenses and Registrations - Active Series 7 and 66 (encompasses 63 and 65) preferred. Firm will sponsor successful candidates for licensing upon employment.
- Excellent client service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Works well in a team-based environment and collaborates with other FAs and client service personnel to serve the needs of clients
- Prior Financial Advisor/Consultant or sales experience preferred
- Call center experience a plus
- Self-motivated / self-starter with excellent work ethic