Operations/Processing Manager - Brentwood, TN
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
The Customer Service Processing Manager will be responsible for managing all the Premium, Suspense and Disbursements processing activity for our Core products. Responsibilities include
- Managing the day to day operations of each team
- Working with internal and external customers to ensure requests are completed on-time and within set service level agreements
- Coaching, mentoring, recognizing and developing staff
- Providing regular reporting on outstanding suspense items, out of standard cases and catch up plans.
- Identifying opportunities to improve processes and driving change through the organization.
This role will report directly to the Director of Customer Service and requires proven management skills along with strong analytical skills, independent leadership thought processes, and the ability to understand our life portfolio, regulatory requirements as well as systems and software applications.
1) The manager is responsible for delivering work in a manner that meets or exceeds appropriate processing, quality and service expectations.
2) The manager should partner with internal partners to coordinate work activities to avoid duplication of efforts and to maximize efficiencies.
3) This person should be knowledge in the regulatory requirements and associated components of the team to ensure compliance.
4) This person should lead the team in response, support and assistance to the field, internal and external partners and communicate directly as needed for questions and escalations.
5) This person should possess excellent oral and written communication skills in order to effectively interface with both internal and external clients.
6) This person should possess excellent interpersonal skills in order to effectively lead the team.
7) This person should direct the production of accurate and timely internal and external reporting.
8) This person should effectively provide for career growth and skills development for each team member.
9) This person should participate in departmental projects/initiatives
The ideal candidate should have:
1) Bachelor's degree in related field or 5+ years of related team management experience.
2) Experience working in a team environment with proven client relationship and communication skills.
3) Experience in defining and/or refining processes.
4) Ability to lead and understand the analysis of data, root cause, and path to resolution.
5) Understanding of reporting and compliance requirements of ERISA, IRS, and DOL laws and regulations with respect to qualified retirement plans.
6) Highly organized and achievement oriented.
7) Ability to work independently and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
8) Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, and interpersonal.
9) Experience working with co-workers in a different location is helpful.
10) Knowledge of defined contribution plans is preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives