Executive Underwriter - E&S Property
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Lexington Insurance Company
Lexington has an opportunity for Executive Underwriter, E&S Property specializing in underwriting primary, shared & layered risks. He/She is expected to work effectively in an independent manner to successfully manage his/her book of business of new and renewal production along with contributing to the profitability for the overall property business portfolio.. An Executive Underwriter must be able to illustrate sufficient technical analysis and underwriting acumen combined with marketing and sales skills to meet underwriting goals (i.e., achieve growth targets and maintain overall profitability). In addition, the ability to coach, train and develop staff to their fullest potential is required.
• Produce, underwrite, manage and service a profitable book of business.
• Utilize underwriter authority in accordance with the published underwriting guidelines.
• Handle a portfolio of property renewals and new business made up of complex risks.
• Ability to seek out and secure new and profitable business.
• Manage and develop effective producer and client relationships throughout assigned territory.
• Work alongside business development colleagues to effectively maximize our distribution partner network.
• Effectively negotiate and secure policy terms that align with the company directives, especially utilizing new product and service offerings to bring value to the client.
• Develop and manage underwriting strategies for both renewals and prospects within his/her portfolio of accounts, including knowledge of the current penetration by product, and specific plans to increase company share.
• Provide direction and support to junior underwriters on new and renewal business.
• Proactively foster and develop positive relationships with key customers.
• Coordinate strategy and work collaboratively with other aligned business functions including claims, actuarial, engineering, analytics, legal and marketing.
• Make internal and external presentations as necessary.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• Minimum of 8 years' experience in the Property arena
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Knowledge of specialized Property forms and wordings
• Strong relationships with wholesale and retail brokerage community
• Knowledge of the market, portfolio management, acquisition and distribution
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment making quick decisions while adhering to a sound underwriting discipline
• Outcome focused, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
• Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on collaboration and working well with others
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook necessary
College Degree (or industry related equivalent)
Full Time - Permanent
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives