Investment Reporting Analyst
IN - Investment
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG ASSET MANANGEMENT US LLC
In this role you, you will prepare, enhance, and coordinate reports in a variety of frequencies on behalf of the Chief Investment Officer team. Recipients include consultants and insurance carrier screening committees, Senior Leadership, Insurance Company Boards and Management, Regulators & Rating Agencies and the CIO team itself.
Major responsibilities include:
- PC Americas Reporting - Primarily US
- Daily, monthly, quarterly and annual ad hoc reporting of the $70B PC US invested asset portfolio to include quarterly PC Board of Directors materials, monthly Asset Allocation meeting, quarterly AMG business review meeting, quarterly AIG Investment Committee meeting.
- Bermuda and Canada quarterly Board of Directors meetings and minutes.
- Development of robust plan vs. actuals reporting for PC US, including partnership with IT, interim excel solutions and assessment of whether the Life and Retirement whiteboard should be used for this purpose.
- Data extraction from IDR using Microstrategy/Excel including creation of reports using Finance vs. AMG views and ability to reconcile between the two.
- Development of “canned” reports using Microstrategy to improve the timeliness and accuracy of PC US Reporting.
- In conjunction with Treasury and Middle Office, establishment of process to report on encumbered assets (e.g. FHLB, reinsurance FWH such as Legacy RE and Swiss RE, state deposit etc.).
- Tracking of PC US projected foreign capacity requiring consolidation and analysis of Investment Analytics cash flow projections.
- Significant ad hoc reporting support including aggregating IDR data rapidly to support analysis done in CIO team.
- Maintenance and development of reports to support the asset allocation, dividend and tax payment processes.
- Maintenance of encumbered assets framework (e.g. Swiss RE) including coordination of replacement assets in the event of recommended sales out of encumbered portfolios in 3 PC US legal entities.
- Project Management
- As directed complete projects related to invested asset requests from CIO Team leadership
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and effectively in a fast paced multi-company, multi-system, deadline oriented environment.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint knowledge with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in fields of business, finance or economics, computer engineering, or extensive related business experience.
- Understanding of insurance company assets and liabilities is a plus.
- Excel VBA, MicroStrategy experience is a plus.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives