Service Assurance - Team Member
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
- Execution of Controls (MCA or RCSA) for multiple functions within a network environment (Operations, Architecture, Tooling, Automation).
- Delivery of technical work and strategies to support remediation of risks identified pro-actively or from audits.
- Ability to apply ITIL, LEAN, and AGILE concepts in real-world environment to streamline and improve operational efficiency across multiple technology services.
- Process creation and documentation for Incident, Change, and Problem functions deployed globally as required.
- Continuous Support and Improvement on lifecycle and workflows.
- Analytics and data processing skillset to identify trends and service gaps with remediation planning.
- Project management skillset and ability to review, design, and implement global processes with senior management team.
- Perform and Support quality review process for Network Services changes in partnership with global teams such as Problem and Change Management. Candidates should be proficient in identifying technology risks and potential customer impact.
- Ability to coordinate multiple validation testing cycles amongst technology teams in the organization to support audit and compliance deliverables.
- Remediation documentation and evidence packaging experience to communicate IT-delivery against risk mitigation.
- Microsoft Word / PPT / Excel proficiency to perform analytics, trending, and business presentations.
- SIX Sigma Green belt or equivalent experience in baseline, analytics, and improvement measurements.
- PMP certification or real-world technical project management experience.
- Global operations support experience in a technology organization.
- 3+ years in corporate audit, compliance, and governance roles supporting IT
- Proficiency with enterprise-level risk management and evidence testing
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives