Product & Solutions Management Intern- Summer 2018
TH - Other
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
An internship with VALIC (AIG Group Retirement) is an exciting opportunity where careers are launched and talent is discovered. During this 10-week summer program, you will have the opportunity to:
- Add value to the organization through meaningful work
- Participate in a variety of developmental experiences
- Gain exposure to senior executives and build a valuable network of peers, managers, and leaders across the company
- Acquire knowledge of key businesses through enterprise-wide exposure
- Receive ongoing coaching and mentoring
As an Intern in the Product & Solutions Management Intern, you will play an important role in helping AIG build out it's Offer Management support system, giving you exposure to a software/tool implementation.
As a program participant you will earn a competitive salary as you gain valuable work experience.
Upon program completion, we work to identify potential future employment opportunities at AIG that align with business needs and interns' personal career aspirations.
- Supports the Director of Offer Management in implementation of an Offer Management software support system. Consults and collaborates with key internal and/or external stakeholders to elicit details for business issues and capture business needs, including partnership with IT, Operations and Implementation to create data feeds for the system
- Supports and positively influences change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility. Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly improve efficiency, customer experience and/or quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility. Analyze options to solve issues that arise, develop recommendations and present results.
- Actively participates in Internship program activities. Participates in a Personal development regime to learn about the various areas of the Retirement Plan business.
- College sophomore or junior
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Exceptional communication skills
- Effective networking skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with change and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives