Senior Business Systems Analyst
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
The role of the Sr. Business Systems Analyst includes the following areas of responsibility:
- Support and maintain the MARS (Model Risk Inventory) application Business Requirements (User Stories).
- Develop and execute test scripts; report results.
- Interface with Business Users to understand business needs and provide translation to system functions.
- Train users (Regional Leads, Contact Owners, General System Users) on system application; resolve user confusion on system function and usage.
- Document application functionality, current and new system processes; improve code structure for existing code base.
- Track user requests for Agile Project Management; merge user requests for enhancements into a tracking tool, prioritize, plan for an Agile Release and close accordingly.
- Support QA testing with Regional Leads and test groups by developing repeatable test scripts, train users, review feedback and provide recommendations.
- Application Release planning and documentation; develop documentation describing changes and impacts to the current system and impacts (if any) to Business Users.
- Application Release schedule, planning and communication; confirm schedule dates are acceptable to Business Users and support team. Communicate outage to system users. Application Release follow-up with Business Users based upon executed test results.
- .Net/SQL hands-on development experience.
- 5 - 10 years' work experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Model Risk Inventory (MARS) and Governance Risk & Compliance experience is required.
- Agile concepts and methodologies experience is preferred.
- Ability to support daily operations and quarterly company-wide workflow processes by interacting with multiple stakeholders across various businesses.
- Strong leadership ability with leadership experience.
- Must be a self-starter with strong communication abilities who can lead a team and represent the department at all levels of management.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives