AIGRM Senior Executive Underwriter
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
RISK SPECIALISTS COMPANIES INSURANCE AGENCY INC
This level underwriter typically handles accounts/clients which are greater in scope and complexity than those handled by a Senior UW I or II. The incumbent will provide senior level staff and client management. The role is expected to have increased involvement in the development of new business and industry networking, including conference attendance and business proposals.
- The role will be responsible for underwriting the Workers' Compensation, General Liability and Auto Liability primary Casualty product lines.
- Communicate risk appetite and AIGRM Value Proposition to brokers.
- Collaborate with Distribution, Territory Managers, and other line(s) of business underwriters to target desirable accounts and cross selling opportunities from brokers.
- Rapidly evaluate, prioritize and select submissions to be underwritten.
- Recognize and create cross selling opportunities for other Commercial products.
- Work with broker to understand & negotiate the deal structure, terms, and AIG Services that best meets clients' needs.
- May review, evaluate and make recommendations in accordance to underwriting guidelines.
- May direct or conduct internal underwriting audits.
- Provide training and assistance to junior UWs to better enable them to execute on strategies.
- Create guidelines and goals to assist in the execution of special projects and initiatives and closely monitor progress on a continuing basis.
- Monitor new and existing regulations closely and identify when changes become important for our clients.
- Provide support to the underwriting staff and come up with solutions to their issues/concerns (system, guidelines, training, reports, new project request, product amendments).
- Review existing process work flows to identify opportunities for process improvementParticipate in special underwriting projects as needed.
- Develop strong, long term relationships with brokers and clients to profitably grow a book of business.
- Develop and manage underwriting strategies for both renewals and new accounts, responsible for the development of underwriting and marketing skills and ensures adherence to underwriting guidelines.
- Provide superior customer service to brokers and clients.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 7-9 years of Commercial Insurance Company, Agency or Brokerage experience.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships.
- Advanced working knowledge of US Casualty lines of business (Workers' Compensation, Auto Liability, and General Liability) including product features, forms, regulatory environments and risks etc.
- Demonstrated sales, marketing, and relationship building experience.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented.
- Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions.
- Willingness to be flexible, learn on the job, and maintain a can-do attitude.
- Expert with underwriting analytical tools and technology.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.