Consulting Business Systems Analyst
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Analyzes and evaluates business needs and provides functional specifications, technical direction and recommendations to create or change system functionality.
Serve as the primary liaison between the IT Product Team and the Business area; work with the business to analyze business requirements and review/produce documented and approved functional specifications for any new/change to technology applications; work with the Product Scrum Teams to ensure that they understand the specifications to deliver a quality product to the business; work with the training team to document system scenarios, identify roles impacted, and help develop a change management/training plan; conduct business process modeling and generate applicable scenarios for the technology functionality testing team.
Analyze the impact of proposed solutions holistically, develop use cases to explain/ demonstrate business requirements/specifications to IT Product team, and contribute a business or process perspective during design reviews.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the Business & IT Product Teams throughout the Product life cycle.
- Strategizes with the business for the optimization of system processes.
- Analyzes business requirements to understand the business needs and to determine how systems and applications can best functionally fulfill those needs.
- Combines knowledge of what the business wants with knowledge of how the systems are built and used to create a functional design and write user stories for a given application.
- Identifies, assesses, and documents business requirements.
- Schedules and leads requirements sessions with stakeholders.
- Gathers testable system requirements and translates them into use cases in Functional Specification Documents and user stories.
- Conducts in-depth research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within or outside the business unit, and if not, whether new effective solutions are feasible.
- May direct the work of other Analysts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years progressive experience analyzing and solving business problems through the development and implementation of business applications preferred.
- Hands on experience of Agile/Scrum Requirement gathering.
- Strong understanding of the complete software development life-cycle.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Must have the ability easily assimilate information and learn new applications and processes.
- Must have a solid ability to analyze complex system requirements and present findings to both internal and external stakeholders in a simple and comprehensible manner.
- Must have excellent writing skills, with solid experience in writing functional and technical specification documents and detailed user stories.
- Must have a good understanding of the defect management and resolution process using defect management tools like HP ALM and JIRA.
- Prior experience in UX/UI product development is a plus.
- Prior experience in financial / retirement institutions and knowledge of various financial business processes is a plus
- Relationship management skills.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives