IA - Internal Audit
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
AIG's Internal Audit Group (IAG) plays a critical role in protecting the assets, reputation and sustainability of AIG. The team adds value through helping improve operations; bringing a rigorous approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
You will be part of a large and diverse firm working within a team-oriented environment of the Internal Audit Group. You will gain a unique view of AIG, as part of planning and executing on all aspects of the audit process and risk assessment activities and will build close working relationships with business and functional leaders, colleagues across other assurance functions, and within Internal Audit.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Audit Director to join our Internal Audit General Insurance team. The position will report to the Audit Group's Managing Director. We are seeking a highly engaged and experienced audit professional, or equivalent industry experience, with strong competencies, both technical and interpersonal.
Strong preference for the following product knowledge and experience:
- Experience and knowledge in General Insurance, including distribution, underwriting, reinsurance, claims, reserving, and insurance operations processes..
- Familiarity with applicable insurance laws and regulations.
- Preference for prior industry or public audit experience.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of audit professionals and able to execute, within a global team environment, all aspects of audit activities in accordance with IAG's Global Audit Methodology and professional standards.
- Assist the Managing Director with annual audit planning tasks, including risk assessments and the development and maintenance of a quarterly, rolling audit plan.
- Coordinate globally, influence and manage the execution of the audit plan which includes risk and control evaluation, testing, audit report issuance, workpaper review, and follow-up and verification of issues closure.
- Ability to hold team accountable for meeting deliverable, quality assurance and methodology standards
- Strong 'managerial courage' to effectively deliver difficult messages to business management and determine appropriate reporting and escalation as needed.
- 12+ years of relevant industry or audit experience
- Prior supervisory / managerial experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related discipline
- A relevant certification is preferred (e.g. CPA, CIA)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Possess effective writing and oral communication/presentation skills to clearly and concisely communicate audit results or other key messages, as needed, to a variety of constituents, including senior business and audit management, and regulators.
- Requires some travel, mostly domestic, and ad-hoc international travel when needed.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives