Social Media Marketing Specialist
SM - Sales & Marketing
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Social Media Marketing Specialist
Reports to: Senior VP, Media
Scope of Position:
This is an exempt position based on a 40 hour work week.
Summary of Position:
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for the day to day monitoring and execution of social media strategies, working cross functionally with our Media, Marketing, and Web Development teams to ensure that we are maximizing our efforts and brand footprint in the social media space. In addition to customer engagement efforts through content development across AIG owned websites and public social media platforms to increase paid life production with new and existing leads, and current policy owners.
- Implement a social media strategy aligned with the company and business objectives.
- Working closely with our Media, Marketing, Policy Owner Marketing and Web Development teams to ensure that we are maximizing our efforts and brand footprint in the social media space.
- Create, curate, and distribute engaging content for paid and earned social media campaigns and regular postings,
- Develop and write website content to support social media programs and traffic.
- Monitor social media comments and messaging, collaborate with legal & compliance teams and call center staff in crafting and delivering appropriate and timely responses.
- Ensure all content and communications adhere to compliance and brand guidelines, working closely with corporate legal and compliance teams.
- Utilize corporate approved social media tools and platforms for dissemination of content and monitoring and responding to social media comments and messages.
- Manage and report on all social marketing campaigns. Provide regular quantitative reporting on social media engagement actions and adjust strategies as necessary to maximize results.
- Staying abreast of new media in a fast -paced, rapidly changing environment, capitalizing on those opportunities, and being nimble in adjusting strategies to align with consumer behaviors and marketplace demands.
- Support paid media efforts in utilizing social media for lead generation campaigns
- Implement and support internal employee campaigns, promoting company culture and activities.
The Ideal Candidate should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Media Studies, Journalism or related field.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated, solutions oriented and results driven.
- 1-2 years as a Social Media Marketing Specialist like role in a professional business environment.
- Knowledge of Sprinklr, Sprout, HootSuite, Cision or similar social media management tools.
- Adobe, Photoshop or other related design tools.
- Experience developing new website content to drive social media engagement.
- Experience working across internal businesses to include Compliance and IT to implement Social Media campaigns.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, 24 days of PTO annually, paid holidays and more.....
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.