Actuarial Asst St
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
AIG's Global Financial Lines department is building a team of talented, creative, and motivated Pricing Actuaries. This team typically partners with business decision makers to develop data-driven solutions to maintain and help improve underwriting results and now we are looking for a Senior Actuarial Assistant to support the team.
Skills and experience we are looking for in successful candidates include:
• Intellectual curiosity
• Innovative, self-starting mentality
• Teamwork and customer-service
• Culturally astute, dealing with “clients” from around the globe
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our Global Financial Lines division as a Senior Actuarial Assistant.
- Provide actuarial pricing and portfolio support for various North American Financial Lines business segments such as Professional Liability (including Cyber Liability, Multimedia, School Leaders, etc.), EPLI, D&O and Fidelity.
-Assist with identifying pockets of opportunity for profitable growth as well as profitability-challenged areas.
-Understand the calculation of RAP (risk-adjusted profitability) as well as the underlying assumptions and parameters behind this calculation and incorporate RAP targets into pricing / profitability analyses.
-Assist with Identifying and developing advanced techniques for risk segmentation and pricing, e.g. GLM, Predictive Modeling.
-Complete profitability studies and other analyses with sufficient granularity and within the timeframe scheduled.
-Accurately interpret and effectively communicate results of analyses.
-Develop actuarial reports to help business effectively manage existing portfolios.
- Assist in completing regular reviews of the parameters in the pricing systems and assist with implementing necessary changes.
Technical Skills and Competencies:
-BS in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related area.
- 2 or more exams preferred.
-2 years or more in commercial and / or financial lines pricing preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team.
-Proficiency in Excel, Access, VBA, SAS, or other programming languages preferred.
- Strong business and collaboration skills, and responsive to service needs and operational demands.
-Effective time management skill.
-Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives