Global Portfolio Solutions Sr. Actuarial Analyst
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
• Analyze the profitability of the International Small and Medium Enterprise and International Program product lines.
• Management of two or three actuarial assistants.
• Develop, implement, and maintain technical rating tools that will drive pricing sophistication.
• Work closely with underwriting to develop pricing and underwriting strategies and help identify pockets of profitable growth opportunities.
• Analyze individual major risk accounts and provide pricing indications on the submission.
• Provide new and renewal pricing on Program business.
• Monitor rate, exposure, retention, new, lost business changes. Monitor loss trends and relevant industry/regulatory changes and effectively communicate to management.
• Assist in providing business solutions to maximize risk adjusted profit. Develop actuarial reports to help business effectively manage existing portfolios.
• Research and develop advanced pricing techniques.
- Bachelor's or higher in quantitative fields such as Actuarial, Mathematics, Statistics & Probability, Physics, Financial Engineering with Economics or Finance background
- 5+ Actuarial exams preferred
- 3+ years of experience preferred
- Prior Management Experience preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving and project management skills
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills
- Keen understanding of modeling methodologies and analytical techniques
- Strong quantitative programing in statistical modeling software i.e. R/SAS, Python, VBA, Excel
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter, who can set priorities, take initiative and work both independently and pro-actively in a dynamic team environment
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives