UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Property Casualty Company
A Property and Casualty Personal Insurance team member responsible for processing of core functions through the underwriting lifecycle. Employee will be the primary point of contact for all renewal business throughout the unit, in addition to endorsement referrals and inspection disputes. In this highly visible and critical role you will interact daily with individuals from other departments and brokers.
Key Position Responsibilities Include:
- Build client relationships and demonstrate customer focus.
- Analyze current policy data including billing, inspection reports and loss runs to make educated decision on renewal PCG business.
- Partner with brokers to enhance renewal insurance programs and find ways to retain customers.
- Liaison between the broker and underwriter to ensure needs are being met.
- Understand and adhere to authority guidelines.
- Ensure polices contain all compliance related documentation.
- Adhere to department standards and objectives.
- Understanding PCG's workflows, contracts, underwriting strategy and systems.
- In depth knowledge of renewal processing, including the use of STAR database.
- Understanding of rating factors.
- Basic organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve stated time service standards as outlined for particular role/function.
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve quality objectives as outlined for particular role/function.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of MSWord and MSExcel and a strong aptitude for PC and internet usage.
- Competent written and verbal communication skills (Client relationships/informing & presentation skills).
- Basic problem solving skills (Individual performance/problem solving).
- Customer focused.
- Ability to work effectively with peers.
- Ability to work through change.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives