Wildfire Mitigation Specialist
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 50%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Property Casualty Company
AIG Private Client Group provides innovative insurance products and risk management services designed to enhance protection and minimize threats to the personal wealth of high net worth individuals.
Through our relationships with other AIG companies, we also offer products for more specific needs: private aviation insurance; workers' compensation for domestic staff; insurance programs for family offices; and kidnap/ransom and extortion insurance. Complementing our products is an array of risk management services including homeowners, excess liability, private collections, automobile, yacht and excess flood.
AIG Private Client Group currently has an opening for a fulltime/permanent Wildfire Mitigation Specialist (WMS) position within our Wildfire Protection Unit. Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform year round onsite consultations on policyholders' homes in wildfire hazard areas in and around the assigned territory.
- Determine if pre-treatment is necessary and complete brush assessment forms.
- Identify wildfire hazards, educate and motivate policyholders to mitigate their homes.
- Respond to policyholders' homes if threatened by wildfire.
- Prepare homes by removing combustibles around structures, applying fire retardant and/or foam to protect structures from oncoming wildfire.
- Must be willing to take target trips to perform consultations and/or respond to emergencies outside the (add location here) area.
- NWCG S-110, S-130, S-190, S-212, ICS 100/200 qualifications and Certificate of Completion of a Cal Fire Wildland Fire Academy (or equivalent)
- 2 years of wildland firefighting experience
- Clean DMV record and pass extensive background screening
- Must reside within 30 minutes or closer to assigned territory and we have 4 territories open:
- 2 within 30 minutes of Santa Barbara, CA
- 2 within 30 minutes of Redwood City, CA
- Preferred Certifications
- CA State Fire Marshal Firefighter I
- S-215 Fire Operations in the Wildland/Urban Interface
- NWCG ENGB qualification or state equivalent
Note: Equivalent certifications will be evaluated on a case by case basis
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.