Administrative Assistant Sr
AS - Administrative Support
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
In this role, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Senior Vice President, Individual Life Sales for AIG Financial Distributors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to performing clerical, administrative, and general office duties requiring proficient skills and intermediate experience:
- Develop power point presentations for SVP.
- Make efficient and frequent domestic travel arrangements adhering to all corporate and budgetary guidelines using internal systems for SVP.
- Manage multiple calendars using Outlook; keep senior leader informed of any changes and allow for sufficient desk time.
- Coordinate all department staff meetings, conferences and luncheons. Participate in meeting and event planning as required.
- Provide professional and courteous phone coverage for senior leader. Capture phone messages and communicate message to appropriate parties.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently in a high profile office environment exercising necessary discretion and judgment on a routine basis.
- Create moderately difficult reports for senior management as needed, compiling data and gathering information from various sources.
- Own onboarding for all new employees.
- Respond to SVP timely and handle multiple transactions with high accuracy.
- Provide back up for other administrative staff as needed.
Other duties may be assigned.
- 3-5 years of administrative support experience at senior leader level.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Outlook. and PowerPoint.
- Strong anticipation and forward thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact at all levels with internal and external business partners.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work in fast-paced, deadline driven distribution environment.
- Ability to take a proactive approach to tasks and be comfortable working with minimal instruction and guidance.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and reprioritize tasks in response to unexpected changes in priorities/requests.
- Reliable, flexible, dependable, professional at all times
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives