Executive Engagement Executive
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
The Executive Engagement Executive will act as the interface between the Technical Services Organization (TS) and the Business Unit CIO's as well as the Business Units. This role will need to possess technical and influencing skills to deliver solutions as they pertain to Business outcomes as well as a strong understanding of the financials and consumption of the TS products and services.
- Considered a thought leader by both the business and IT as related to business unit technology and business solutions.
- Develops senior executive relationships within both the Technical Services organization and the General Insurance, Life and Retirement and Corporate IT Development organization.
- Help Business Unit IT as well as Business Units understands the TCO of their technology footprint and levers of change.
- Understands the impact of IT solutions to Business Unit budgets/forecasts, recommending options to change the financial trajectory.
- Focus on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the business through technical and non-technical solutions.
- Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on end-user products and services, business processes and system priorities.
- Assists with the preparation and delivery of quarterly business/IT reviews. Reviews include cost (RtFC / cost levers), technology (current and trending) and process/methodology changes.
- Uses the service catalog to identify opportunities and may assess and provide recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing and technology.
- Understands and anticipates direction of the business area and identifies opportunities for change and makes recommendations to support the business areas desired future state.
- Ensures stakeholder's expectations are set and identifies and resolves disconnects through negotiation or governance mechanisms.
- Supports prioritization of IT initiatives based on organization needs and IT and business capacity and budget.
- Perform continuous reviews to align departmental processes and cost levers to changing business conditions.
- Manage stakeholder's perceptions with all IT services acting as a trusted adviser for the business and an advocate for IT.
- Proactively identify, evaluate and communicate risks associated with business decisions and their impact on TS services.
- Ensures the quality of all services delivered by the Technology Services team / AIG Technologies to the development organizations, tracks service performance and directs service improvement activities to improve service and cost.
- Influences and understands the business demand patterns and ensures alignment of business demand for TS services. Ability to translate those demands back into the TS organization.
- Understanding of Business Unit IT usage of Products and Services and the ability to work closely with BU IT to ensure they are utilizing the latest technology. (Evergreen)
- Supports all aspects of customer satisfaction on across their supported Business Units. Strong involvement with issues and problems at the business unit level, ability to work across TS to ensure the right people and talent are engaged.
- Plans, facilitates and/or conducts complex negotiations around commitments and service level agreements.
- Ensures understanding of the General Insurance, Life & Retirement, & Corporate Business Solutions business objectives, and makes process and technology recommendations to executives as necessary to promote best practice.
- Evaluates and enhances the organization's tools, processes and methods based on current industry standards.
- Can communicate understanding and translation of IT strategy, performance capacity, risks and issues for the Business Solutions organizations.
- Support negotiations for increase in service provision, performance or capacity in representation of consolidated business requests with the capability towers (Compute, Network & Workplace Services).
- Continuous improvement focus for the Integration and Delivery Services team and the various capability towers.
Must Have Skills:
- Requires leadership, negotiation skills, and in-depth knowledge of business, IT methodologies, technology and IT processes.
- Financial acumen. Will be required to understand internal allocation and charge back methodologies, and educate/communicate to IT and business partners.
- Experienced in successfully leading a complex project and/or implementation.
- Strong broad technical skills across application Development, Dev/Ops, and Cloud.
- Should have experience integrating complex technical solutions either into a cloud environment, XaaS or within internal Data centers.
- Understanding of data analytics and how to convert data into meaningful information for partners across Business and IT.
- High degree of EQ- Emotional Quotient. The position requires working with very senior CIOs /CTOs and managing conflicting business priorities while remaining focused on execution and the best solution for AIG.
- Strong sense of Ownership and Accountability with an “operational attitude” towards day to day workings.
- Since the role is global, the individual will need to be flexible towards working global hours.
- May be required to travel both domestic and international.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives