Sr. Business Development Manager
SM - Sales & Marketing
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 50%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Your future team
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world's leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG Distribution department.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
The Sr. Business Development Manager (BDM) is primarily focused on but not limited to AIG's commercial property & casualty business:
- Serve as the central point of contact for key assigned brokers in Florida.
- Responsible for driving new business growth in focused products and support renewal strategies for all lines of business.
- Coordinate between product groups to assure the best possible outcome for all stakeholders.
- Drive the development of strategic Broker Plans in cooperation with underwriting teams is considered a business planning process and is an important measure of success.
- Utilize sales tools made available to enhance profitability and growth goals. Internally accessible documentation of intelligence gained through contact with brokers and clients is required.
- Responsible for a certain amount of accounts. These responsibilities will include internal and external stewardship meetings, development of growth and renewal strategies and communication with senior management on an as needed basis. Support of initiatives developed by Product or Distribution is critical.
- Manage certain regional and national ongoing initiatives involving project planning and execution, team building and leading discussions with stakeholders.
- Drive financial results and managing an assigned territory in Central and North Florida. Goals are designed to promote profitable growth, expand desired mix of business and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholder. Strategies include but are not limited to broker planning, relationship management, account management, new business production through prospecting, targeting account initiatives, cross selling & territorial expansion.
What we are looking for
- A proven track record in agency management, sales and marketing, and possess strong presentation and training skills is required.
- Established relationships within the territory and a working knowledge of the company's commercial insurance products and services are recommended.
- 3+ years of relevant business experience is required. Travel required.
- Experience working in the Property & Casualty industry is required.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives