Senior Transactional Actuarial Analyst
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Our business models continue to evolve. Effectively designing, validating, and executing pricing models and understanding their business interpretation is essential to business decision making. This role is an actuarial science leader with in-depth insurance business knowledge, solid advanced analytics skills, excellent ability to partner with different insurance functional areas, including price modeling, model governance and enterprise risk management.
- Senior Transactional Actuarial Analyst will be responsible for individual account pricing reviews for multiple lines of business within US for AIG. The lines of business include workers' compensation, general liability, commercial auto and professional liability for primary, excess and umbrella coverages. Pricing responsibilities include communication of actuarial pricing to underwriters, clients and brokers. Occasional business travel may be required.
- As an individual contributor, you will be expected to actively manage the deal pipeline with Underwriters, while delivering within tight deadlines.
- Participate adhoc projects around different initiatives of our group. Communicate results of the projects to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences across the organization.
- Identify areas of improvement in current pricing tools and collaborate with other data/IT teams to implement improvement and enhanced capture of metrics from the current tools. The candidate may be expected to use their programming skills as required.
- Establish working relationship with management from UW & reserving; Partner with key internal business partners from a variety of functional areas to ensure the success of UW & pricing strategies.
- Propose strategies that lead to improved profitability of the portfolio
- ACAS or near ACAS (Preliminary Exams + 1~2 CAS exams)
- 3+ years of relevant actuarial experience in Casualty/Specialty
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Strong communication (oral and written), influencing skills and demonstrated ability to work across interdisciplinary teams that are geographically dispersed
- Solid organizational skills to work on multiple priorities, establish and meet deadlines
- Programming skills (VBA, R, SAS, etc.) would be a plus
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.