Business Analyst with Analytical Reporting experience
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Location: , Fort Worth, TX Remote - TX and Houston, TX
Global Business Case: Support demand for IT service metrics and process improvements, including but not limited to:
- System management administration for reporting environment, including advanced analytics
- Deliver service metric reporting based on enterprise-wide AIG business goals and objectives
- Define deliverables and report metrics in line with corporate policy and standards
- Achieve delivery via sustainable processes, improved automation -- facilitating data-driven business decisions
- Lead internal education forums on use of dashboards, user stories, reports and service management reporting features to both Business and IT clients
- Education: Related Bachelor's degree (or equivalent credits) or equivalent experience.
- In-depth understanding of the ServiceNow (Jakarta) cloud-based architecture, including table structure, metric reporting and Performance Analytics (PA). Ability to maintenance and manage the reporting and PA environments for future usage and flexibility
- Relevant industry certifications are a plus (i.e. PMI, ITIL, LEAN, etc.)
- Experience in the Life Cycle Development process including: requirement analysis; documentation; development; testing; implementation; and maintenance.
- Required experience:
- SQL - five years writing queries, able to develop and apply common SQL queries for many environments
- MS-Excel - advanced skills including in-depth formula-writing, macro coding, formatting of spreadsheets and charts, in complex implementations for use in producing high-visibility reports and documentation (3-5 years' experience)
Executive Level Presentation Skills - format/layout of large, high-visibility presentations, drawing elements from wide-ranging sources for presentation to C-level executives
- Relevant industry certifications (i.e. PMI, ITIL, LEAN, etc.) and financial services industry experience are a plus
Experience Preferred: 7-10 years
Education Preferred: Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent)
Ideal Candidate Description:
In addition to meeting all job requirements, the ideal candidate would have:
- Strong oral and written presentation skills - for all levels of the organization, candidate has the ability to produce and present analysis and results, with a thorough understanding of the underlying data
- Excellent problem-solving abilities - able to collect complex and disparate requirements from consumers of information and produce meaningful reports, analytics and presentations
- Ability to adapt to change - able to shift underlying processes and toolsets to quickly maintain BAU as well as to leverage changes in processes and toolsets to the advantage of the company
- Strong organizational skills - be able to manage and maintain current output volume (workload), while also maintaining archival files of all source materials in formats ranging from email, Powerpoint presentations, Excel workbooks, .pdf files, etc., for future reference and historic reporting requirements
- The ability to understand the needs and requirements of the team, business unit, and company and how those needs and requirements can be met within the current environment
- A desire to take individual data points and contextualize them into new use cases or story boards
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve the current landscape by use of integration, modification, and automation wherever possible.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives