IA - Internal Audit
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
At AIG, we believe that people are crucial to the success of an organization. We acknowledge that the contribution of one team can make a lasting impact. We therefore work every day to ensure our employees feel valued and are given the tools to develop and reach their utmost potential. If you're motivated to make a real difference, collaborative and team oriented and get excited by the prospect of being an innovative change agent, then AIG is the right place for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for an Actuarial Manager to join our Internal Audit team. We are seeking an experienced Actuary who is open to leverage their skills within our Audit environment and be trained to execute audit activities for actuarial and risk management audits of various AIG entities and member companies, with specific attention on key processes in pricing, modeling, risk management, and business strategy. The emphasis is on the property casualty P&C side. This position reports to the Actuarial Director of our Internal Audit Group's (IAG) Actuarial and Modeling team and is based in our downtown Manhattan office.
We are open to train you in our audit practices, while you bring your subject matter expertise within the actuarial space to us!
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Assess key risk and controls within the actuarial function of AIG's property casualty business units with a focus on pricing, modeling, risk analytics, and internal capital
• Closely lead individual audit engagements to ensure key risks and controls are properly identified, test procedures support the audit objectives, test procedures are completed in the budgeted timeframe and workpapers support the work performed and conclusions drawn
• Collaborate across different global functional audit teams which include underwriting, claims, finance and technology, to provide for an integrated and coordinated approach to insurance risks and audit testing
• Provide guidance and direction for team members in developing knowledge in property & casualty actuarial processes
• Work closely with the audit engagement teams to close management's corrective actions for audit issues within specified time frames by testing control design and operating effectiveness
• Draft audit observations and effectively discuss findings with business stakeholders
• Monitor and evaluate key business metrics to identify areas of risk and audit focus
• Build and maintain strong working relationships internally as well as with the business
• 4 to 6+ years of property casualty actuarial oriented position
• Actively pursuing Associateship within the Casualty Actuarial Society with a minimum of 5 actuarial exams passed
• Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with clients and colleagues
• Effective writing and oral communication skills are required to clearly and concisely communicate audit results or other audit points as needed
• Team player mentality; holds self-accountable for the success of the team.
• Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, and/or other related discipline
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives