AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Position can be based in Houston, TX or Woodland Hills, CA
The Actuarial Associate will be a member of an actuarial model development team, which primarily supporting the fixed annuity and indexed annuity products. The development team is responsible to onboard all the fixed annuities (deferred, immediate and indexed) to the GGY AXIS platform through the model development life cycle. The model purposes are, but not limited to, ALM, asset adequacy, CCAR, statutory, tax and GAAP valuation.
Detailed responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Analyze requirements for deficiency and work with stakeholders to resolve issues uncovered.
- Carry out model development tasks as assigned.
- Perform unit testing, and peer-review as assigned.
- Documentation of the development work, testing, and review results.
- Analyze model results and explain the unexpected.
- Work with Model testing team, production team on various tasks.
• BS degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or other quantitative field
•Basic knowledge of annuity products. Strong in computer skills.
•Close to Associate of the Society of Actuaries. ASA is a plus
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Detail oriented
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.