CL - Claims
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Provides legal advice and representation to AIG and/or the insured in legal matters while minimizing legal and indemnity exposure.
Handle cases of moderate complexity and financial exposure; may handle higher exposure cases as part of a legal team / training development activity.
1. Examine reports, evidence and other relevant data to determine advisability of proceeding with litigation.
2. Analyze probable outcomes through knowledge and research of legal precedents.
3. Develop and execute trial and/or pre-trial strategy for most cost effective outcome.
4. Draft legal papers, perform research, and handle project work for the office.
5. Negotiate settlements on behalf of the insured and/or AIG.
Technical Experience Requirements:
- 5 or more years related insurance GL trial experience with financial exposures up to $500k and / or moderate complexity cases.
- Strong & Effective Communications and Ability to Interact Effectively with Clients and Claims peers.
- Detailed knowledge of local statutes, regulations and case law; ability to develop manage and monitor pre-trial and trial strategies; knowledge of rules of evidence, court rules and procedures.
- Ability to develop pre-trial and trial strategies; knowledge of rules of evidence, court rules and procedures; ability to advise core and associate staff on technical issues; ability to litigate the moderately complex cases in the specified jurisdiction.
- JD Required; Must be admitted and able to practice law in Louisiana.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives