UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 50%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Property Casualty Company
As a WorldRisk Underwriter, you will be focused on building relationships with internal and external stakeholders to source high quality submissions, determine/prioritize submissions to be underwritten, and quote/negotiate pricing with broker. You'll be responsible for risk evaluation, pricing range determination, and terms and condition recommendation, external selling and negotiating, problem solving, and the relationship dimension of the underwriter role.
Reporting Relationships and Organizational Scope
The Underwriter, WorldRisk will report directly to Regional Multinational Casualty Manager.
The Underwriter, WorldRisk will be expected to:
• Drive new business growth throughout the Southeast region, executing territorial plans, pipeline management, and target account strategies
• Communicate risk appetite and AIG Value Proposition to brokers
•Collaborate with Business Development Managers, Territory Managers, and other line of business underwriters to target desirable accounts from brokers
• Rapidly evaluate, prioritize and select submissions to be underwritten.
• Recognize and create cross sell opportunities for other Commercial products
• Work with broker to understand the deal structure, terms, and AIG Services that best meets clients' needs
• Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions, & deal structure with brokers
• Participate in special underwriting projects as needed
• Develop strong, long term relationships with brokers and clients to profitably grow a book of business
• Provide superior customer service to brokers and clients
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• An undergraduate Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years of Commercial Insurance Company, Agency or Brokerage experience
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
• Working knowledge of Casualty lines of business (Workers Compensation, Auto Liability/Physical Damage, and General Liability) including product features, forms, regulatory environments and risks etc.
• Demonstrated sales, marketing, and relationship building experience
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated and results-oriented
• Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions
• Willingness to be flexible, learn on the job, and maintain a can-do attitude
• Comfort with analytical tools and technology
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig> | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites are not incorporated by reference into this press release.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives