Defined Contribution (DC) Strategic Account Manager
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Defined Contribution Team responsible for?
Sell and retain Franklin Templeton Defined Contribution (DC) investment solutions through third-party retirement plan providers and distribution partners in the U.S. Defined Contribution space. The Strategic Account Manager will report to the Head of Strategic Accounts – Defined Contribution Division-U.S. and collaborate with Retail National Account Executives and other U.S. Retail and Institutional Sales and Service teams to develop and manage client relationships for the firm’s strategic DC partners to drive sales and retention goals. This position requires an extensive background in the defined contribution market, with a high level of knowledge on investments, regulatory impact, business building and practice management issues, so as to be deemed a subject matter expert and credible DC resource.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the DC Strategic Account Manager?
- Representation of Franklin Templeton’s defined contribution investment-only (DCIO) products. Drive product placement and associated sales/retention goals by developing and deepening partnerships with DCIO third party relationships. Develop a business plan, manage firm-level relationship, and drive sales goals and retention objectives by collaborating with U.S. Sales and Service teams.
- Execute on core business initiatives which include on-site client visits, roll-out campaigns, retention strategy field communication and coordinate key retirement marketing initiatives.
- Take leadership role in identifying client needs and developing initiatives and key business initiatives and solutions.
- Serve as a liaison to internal business partners including the management and execution of marketing initiatives, internal/external communication and client deliverables.
- Responsible for coordination of client/industry conferences and Franklin Templeton DCIO Due Diligence meetings.
- Maintaining knowledge of industry related topics and maintain proficiencies in delivering Franklin Templeton value-added presentations.
“We are looking to hire in multiple locations with telecommuting possibilities for applicable candidates.”
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience with an investment/asset management firm with a demonstrated track record of promoting investment products with third-party platforms in the defined contribution space.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- Series 7, 63 and 66 required.
- Self-driven with ability to build manage key internal and external relationships.
- Established key client relationships.
- Strong investment acumen and background
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills are required.
- Comfortable with extensive travel.
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton”.