VP - Private Wealth Director (Multiple Territories Available)
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
The VP- Private Wealth role is responsible for all aspects of the sales cycle, from lead generation to closing and retention, in an assigned territory for new and existing clients including RIAs, family offices, private banks, bank trusts, and other private wealth managers.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a VP- Private Wealth Director?
- Cultivates strong personal and professional relationships with key individuals at targeted firms.
- Using an extensive knowledge of investments strategies and their macroeconomic underpinnings, and understanding of how to address the special needs of the private wealth channel to influence client investment decisions.
- Researches external market trends and leverages a broad network of internal investment analysts to understand macroeconomic trends, formulate a strong investment perspective, and identify sales opportunities and at-risk positions.
- Proactively shares successes and key learnings more broadly across Franklin Templeton Investment Global Advisor Services to maximize Franklin Templeton Investment’s market share.
- Develops, oversees, and guides all sales activities - initiates contact, builds and sells highly sophisticated investment solutions using a variety of investment instruments and the most appropriate, cost effective delivery platform for sophisticated customers (in-person, phone and email communications.)
- Serves as a resource and discussion partner on thought leadership in the investment space and applicable business space. When appropriate, partners with relevant internal specialists (i.e., product, investment management, defined contributions, etc.) throughout Franklin Templeton Investments to strengthen investment recommendations and with client sales service specialists to provide sales support and service.
- Profiles and understands clients’ Private Wealth business models, identifies gaps in their model or offerings and effectively positions Franklin Templeton Investments investment solutions.
- Identifies and proactively addresses potential investment concerns of existing clients.
- Understands and parses their macroeconomic views to formulate a sophisticated investment perspective.
- Engages clients in dialogue about their business models and appropriate investment strategies.
- Manages travel and entertainment budget and expenses effectively. Maintains meeting notes in CRM.
- Uses internal and external database, systems, and resources to identify and screen potential prospects.
**Positions available in the following territories – Northwest (San Francisco), NYC and Mid-Atlantic (New York City), Central (Texas), Southeast (Atlanta, Charlotte, Tampa)**
What ideal qualifications would help someone to be successful?
- Knowledge of the financial industry and its businesses and products
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Typically has 8-12+ years related experience. Proven success selling to RIAs, Bank Trusts or Private Banks.
- Series 7 and 63 (and possibly 3, if needed)
- CFA /MBA desirable
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton”.