VP - Defined Contribution (DC) Strategic Client Relationship Team
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Strategic Relationship Team responsible for?
We are committed to long-term relationships with our clients, informed by a clear understanding of their unique constraints and objectives. Partnering with retirement companies for over 30 years, we understand that each client has a unique set of needs and goals. Our dedicated research coverage team represents our investment capabilities, custom solutions, and knowledge-sharing tailored to meet the particular operating needs, regulatory challenges, risk profile, and investment constraints of each client.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the VP- DC Strategic Client Relations Team role?
- Identifies and cultivates prospects and/or clients, initiates and follows-up on new business opportunities, leads new business meetings and closes sales to large, multi-billion-dollar DC platforms.
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal business partners to help facilitate client sales and servicing efforts.
- Responsible for cross-selling products within existing client relationships. Assists in developing and launching new products.
- Complete call reports, expense reports, itineraries (or any other assignment from the sales manager) on time.
- Provide the highest quality services by coordinating the resolution of problems and providing requested communications.
- Complete special assignments: Due diligence meetings, conferences, developing relationships with designated client home office personnel.
**Preferred to be filled in one of our National Offices**
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of investment sales experience
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Series 7 required
- CFA and MBA preferred
- Excellent sales skills and in-depth product/investment knowledge.
- Stature and experience needed to cover the largest and most complex prospects and/or clients.
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton”.