SMA Advisor Consultant
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What are the goals of the team and how can you contribute to its success?
The SMA (Separately Managed Accounts) Consultant position is a fast-paced challenging sales and servicing role for self-motivated and driven sales professionals. The Consultant is the subject matter expert for the sales process, servicing and onboarding of Separately Managed Accounts.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of an SMA Advisor Consultant?
- Serves as primary resource for Sales. Partner with Sales to co-present, assist with closing new SMA business and provide portfolio updates for existing business.
- Conduct proactive outbound calls with new and existing SMA producers. Actively participate in sales and marketing initiatives and outbound call campaigns.
- Act as subject matter expert for SMA investment strategies and market impact.
- Oversee the relationships and be the intermediary between SMA Sponsoring Firms and Sales.
- Provide leadership in articulating on-going product.
- Work on behalf of Distribution with SMA Client Service team, portfolio analytic groups, and account services to expedite answers and solutions to account inquiries.
What ideal qualifications would help someone to be successful?
- A BA/BS degree in finance/marketing desired or equivalent work experience.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 U.S. licenses required.
- 5 years or more industry experience in a sales or marketing, focusing on SMA.
- Solid understanding of the financial markets, SMA industry, investment process, and securities industry.
- Ability to influence revenue, both with sales into newly developed products and retention of existing assets.
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton”.