Quality Engineering Manager
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG PC Global Services, Inc
The Quality Engineering & Assurance Organization is responsible for overall Delivery Quality and successful implementation of AIG's product and features to our customers. The organization while delivering quality assurance services should ensure collaboration, planning, engagement and execution working closely with diverse teams including Application Delivery, Business Operations, Technology Support and Product Management. The QE&A teams will need Subject Matter Expertise that focuses on quality requirements, technical engineers focusing on solutions that accelerate the testing lifecycle and strong management skills to coordinate and deliver programs working with multi-disciplinary teams and global execution model. Technical competency in Leadership combined with SME and Engineering skilled teams will ensure forward thinking, continual innovation and ability to adopt to disruptive technology such as Micro-Services, Cloud Native, Omni Channel products and operating models such as DevOps, Agile and Continuous Delivery.
Primary focus areas for QE&A include Lifecycle Automation, Business Centric Testing & Assurance, End-User Experience and Digital Assurance.
Your contribution at AIG
The Quality Management Specialist Leader is critical to the success of QE&E specialization. The management specialist in addition to overall management capabilities is required to have a deep understanding of QA practices and principles, solutions, frameworks and continuous testing capabilities to lead the specific capabilities of the QE&A Organization. The specialization is important as this capability serves as Thought Leaders in addition to management skills to ensure continuous improvement and alignment with market trends and capabilities
- Ability to lead one or more large global portfolio of QA team of onshore and offshore resources
- Coordinate with App Dev, BA, UAT, product owners, business operations and administer all processes and procedures and ensure compliance to all quality goals.
- Prepare reports for all project statistics on monthly basis and analyze all project metric data and provide training to all project members
- Prepare reports for all resource utilization and develop all project estimates and schedules and coordinate with all stakeholders and participate in various meetings.
- Design all test methodologies and perform regular regression tests on all processes and design all project deliverables and manage all test environments.
- Manage all communication with business partners and senior management to achieve all project objectives and perform tests on same and manage multiple functional areas.
- Perform end to end quality assurance on all processes and design all program documents and as per resource requirements and administer all test activities for all phases.
- Develop all test plans and perform troubleshoot on systems and analyze all test resources to resolve issues and manage all communication with senior management to achieve all objective
- Active participation expected in Requirements gathering sessions with clients and Architecture/design discussions.
- Stay on top of Project Status, Data Challenges, Defects and other project Risks.
- Exhibit Advanced Proficiency in Ownership of assigned projects, Technical Communication.
- Strong Program Management experience, understanding of Quality Management, DevOps Governance, finance, contracts and advanced testing services like automation, performance, mobile testing. Candidate should also have good grasp of vendor management with cultural differences across countries and unique operating challenges.
- Candidate should have deep hands on practitioner's knowledge of the full Delivery Quality lifecycle, having grown up practicing these competencies in a large global and complex organization.
- He/she should have considerable experience leading large development / testing programs in such an organization delivering both horizontally at an enterprise level and vertically aligned to a specific Line of Business.
- He/she will bring significant program and cultural change management experience and have process reengineered large delivery teams using waterfall, Agile, DevOps, six sigma & LEAN.
- Candidate must be comfortable optimizing a global delivery footprint with a heterogeneous resource model combining the best elements of offshore, nearshore, onshore in an employee:contractor:captive:3rd party mix.
- Candidate should have strong skills in negotiating, managing and governing a large organization and contracts using KPIs, SLAs and OLAs.
- Possess excellent influencing skills, demonstrated experience navigating large organizations.
- Must have strong presentation skills and expertise in developing PowerPoint presentations, financial models, balance sheets, organization performance dashboards and chargeback models.
- Familiarity in continuous integration/Continuous Delivery DevOps tools, Jenkins, Stash, GIT, Eclipse IDE, and JIRA. BDD, j-behave, Cucumberand Working knowledge of SONAR or Code Quality tools
- Individual must have strongResource Management, Solution Architecture (Test Solutions), DevOps (Continuous Testing), Digital, Tools Support (Test),Application Testing (Non-Functional), Agile Certified / Scrum Planning, Architecture & Frameworks (Testing), PMP, API (Application Program Interface)/ webservices, Configuration Management, Systems Development Lifecycle Management and Quality Management skill set
- Competency in database, test data mining, CMM, mentoring, risk management, vendor and contract management is required.
- Possess exemplary standard and governance skills in Quality Engineering and Assurance
- Nice to have mobile programming,web programming, middleware and business Case development background
What we are looking for
- 7-10 years of experience in Quality Engineering and Assurance Management
- Bachelor's Degree or Relevant Work Experience: Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Informatics, or Equivalent
- Extremely competent with deep expertise in Standards and Governance
- Highly competent in Solution Architecture (Test Solutions), DevOps (Continuous Testing), Application Testing (Automated), API (Application Program Interface)/ Webservices, Configuration Management, Tools Support (Test), Systems Development Lifecycle Management, Application Testing (Non-Functional), Agile Certified / Scrum Planning, Architecture & Frameworks (Testing), Quality Management, PMP and Resource Management
- Competent with independent work experience in Database, Test Data Mining, Mentoring, CMM, Risk Management; Vendor and Contract Management and Business case development
- Have trained or limited experience in , Mobile Programming, Middleware, Web Programming
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives