Account Executive - Accident
SC - Sales Commission
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 50%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG General Insurance Company, Ltd.
Account Executive - Accident Specialist
The Account Executive - Accident Specialist, reporting to the Head of Sales - Accident is responsible for overseeing a sales territory for Personal Accident and achieving/exceeding business goals specifically assigned to their territory. This position also includes responsibility for successful business and producer development and retention. The products that will be sold include will include but not be limited to AD&D, Business Travel Accident, and future developed Personal Accident products.
- Sales, Marketing and Production.
- Work with producers to ensure that activity culminates in attainment of production goals.
- Be innovative by pursuing opportunities through all existing channels, alternative distribution channels, new markets segments, and underdeveloped territories.
- Achieve a high level of customer focus.
- Partner with the Home Office Departments to assist in driving new and renewal business production in order to meet/exceed both their personal and sales territory assigned goals.
- Create and successfully execute business plans to achieve or exceed growth through new business, renewal retention, and selling to existing accounts.
- Establish effective budgets which reflect growth and diversification within the territory.
- Partner with internal and external relationships.
- Build strong relationships with Home Office Departments, Sales and Marketing Leaders and Business Development Managers to increase product awareness and facilitate achievement of the production goals.
- Establish appropriate strategies with metrics to measure success of cross marketing efforts.
- Accurately forecast the assigned territory's monthly, quarterly and yearly premium production.
- Provide detailed, accurate and timely explanations for changes in forecast which enable Sales Senior Management to understand trends and changes in the General Manager's and overall assigned territory's production.
- 5 or more years' experience in selling group AD&D/BTA insurance.
- Demonstrated experience in territory and sales development, business plan execution, and achieving/exceeding sales goals.
- Demonstrated success in sales development.
- Valid license to represent the company in health & life lines, prior attainment of or willingness to pursue CLU, CEBS or FLMI designation and a broad knowledge of Personal Accident Insurance markets.
- Self-starter able to operate in an entrepreneurial environment that rewards the ability to successfully set and achieve goals, execute plans and work with management, underwriters, compliance, producers and clients.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, organizational and analytical skills.
- Effective use of Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience required.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives