Corporate Communications Specialist
CM - Communications
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
AIG's External Communications team actively develops and promotes the company narrative to key external and internal audiences and stakeholders. Our team builds, protects and defends AIG's brand and reputation at the corporate level - across businesses, functions and regions. We support efforts to achieve business goals and growth targets, and we promote the company's public affairs and corporate priorities. We work with many internal partners, including senior leadership, legal, government affairs and investor relations.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Communications Specialist to join our team! You will bring enthusiasm, a collaborative approach and organizational skills to supporting the enterprise-wide External Communications team. You will assist the team with coordinating media monitoring efforts., participate in developing corporate communications and media strategy, and conduct research into key issues. You will have opportunities to develop experience in corporate communications and media relations by helping develop proactive messaging on major themes, response plans and messaging for potential issues and media outreach materials.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate, with the broader External Communications team, the development and implementation of a comprehensive communications plan
- Develop materials related to the communications function (editorial calendars, media lists, press releases, reporter research, etc.), as needed
- Monitor and track, on a daily basis, media coverage and incoming media requests
- Draft press releases, public statements and supporting communications materials
- Foster relationships across the External Communications team and with other internal partners
- Contribute to enterprise-wide, corporate media relations initiatives
- Support development of strategies and content to respond to potential issues
- Collaborate with the corporate marketing and digital teams on social media and brand development
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, business or related field.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of professional experience in corporate communications and/or media relations, preferably in the financial services industry
- Strong business acumen with a proven track record of making sound judgments
- A sense of humor and a highly collaborative approach to getting work done - balanced with a commitment to excellence and speed
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task across multiple projects in a collaborative, team-based environment
- A high energy level: work closely with the Corporate Communications and Media Relations team to identify and execute on appropriate communications strategies
- Ability to design and execute ideas: plan, develop, communicate, track and measure
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with news media across a range of sectors, including print, wires, the blogosphere and social media, and proven experience with media monitoring and tracking processes.
- Experience with thought leadership, social media, crisis communications and critical issues management
- Interest in developing stronger media skills and relationships
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives