Manager - Institutional Markets Finance
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
This role is an integral player on the Institutional Markets (IM) Finance team. This position will work closely with the IM CFO and offers a unique opportunity to be exposed to all of the Institutional Markets products and the management team. In this role, you will be involved with and responsible for various presentations and analyses of the business. You will create forecasts, business plans and reports that will be used to analyze and monitor the business. Responsibilities will also include competitive and market analysis for the various products the Institutional Markets Group offers.
Organization Structure and Interfaces
This position reports to the CFO of the Institutional Markets group and is one of a small core Finance. You will interact closely with the broader Finance team and will have high visibility to upper Management.
- Maintain, improve (where necessary) and create, BPC reports for monthly/quarterly close, including Source of Earnings, investment, reinsurance reporting, etc.
- Work closely with IM Controller, IM Finance Actuary and the FP&A community on various aspects of Business Planning
- Work with the business to understand implications of transactions on business financial performance
- Create periodic updates to ROE and other performance analytics for all IM products
- Coordinate corporate deliverables and MBR/QBR packages for IM.
- Function as point of contact for various constituents/recipients of IM financial and market competitive information
- Produce IM rating agency and other broad IM-related presentations
- Create various ad hoc presentations on IM competitors, clients, etc. for use by IM Management team.
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Very strong analytical skills
- Extreme proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- An undergraduate degree is required. Finance, Accounting or other quantitative disciplines preferred
- 5 -7 years of related experience
- Ability to work independently. Must be a self-starter.
- Experience with BPC, SAP preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives