Admitted Excess Casualty Chief Underwriting Officer
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Your future team:
AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market groundbreaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
Your contribution at AIG:
The quality of Senior Leadership is a defining factor for a company's success. Senior Leaders are responsible for developing business strategies and/or translating those strategies into meaningful outcomes and ultimately, business results. As a Senior Leader, you reach across geographical and functional boundaries to create alliances that further the organization's objectives and market position. Your deep and broad industry knowledge allows you to foresee external conditions that could potentially affect AIG's future.
What we are looking for
- At least 15 years of excess casualty insurance leadership experience.
- Knowledge of market segmentation, portfolio management, acquisition and distribution
- Proven Strategic Leadership skills in developing vision and purpose, driving for results and leading effective teams
- Established strong relationships with customers and intermediaries
- Skilled leader of change; versatile, client focused, results oriented
- Demonstrated business savvy, analytical and quantitative skills
- Expert technical underwriting background
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution experience
- Develop and deliver underwriting guidelines within the framework of risk appetite, underwriting appetite, limits management and emerging risks.
- Develop, position, market, and deliver innovative, market-leading products and services through regional framework to a network of producers in a manner that effectively leverages our strengths as a competitive differential in the marketplace. This includes working with Legal, Claims, Actuarial, Filing/Regulatory, Regional and Multinational for rate and form development/filing, and Communications for rollout/launch plan.
- Drive underwriting excellence across the business through quality assurance practices and training.
- Develop framework for underwriting authority.
- Demonstrate understanding of regulatory and compliance processes and ensure AIG stakeholders understand the Excess Casualty business model, underwriting methodology, and the risks we assume.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives