Customer Service Rep II
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
- The American General Life Companies (AGLC) customer service organization is responsible for servicing policyholder and agent inquiries focused on delivering a best in class customer experience. Each customer contact provides you with an opportunity to reach your goals and make an impact on our business. You will have the opportunity to do the following:
• Provide loyalty-building service to customers (policy holders, producers, internal associates and client companies) by answering incoming calls with a high degree of accuracy and speed, while consistently meeting key department performance metrics.
• Provide a single point of contact for responding to case inquires related to status, selected data changes, required forms information and documenting all inquiries and any corresponding action taken.
• Effectively communicate policy information and company procedures to all customer of the firm.
• Answer a high volume of policy holder and producer telephone calls while pro-actively evaluating concerns, requests and problems.
• Perform all transactions necessary to satisfy requests using the multiple computer systems and productivity tools.
• Meet or exceed all performance contact center metrics for the position.
• 4 plus years Customer Service or Call Center experience a plus
• Advanced interpersonal skills. Proven ability to interact successfully with internal/external customers.
• The ability to simultaneously navigate through multiple computer systems and communication with multiple types of calls.
• Demonstrated excellence in communication skills, both oral and written.
• Demonstrated high energy level and a positive attitude.
• Ability to make real time decisions in a fast-paced, high-volume environment characterized by ambiguity and change.
• Ability to take initiative and act independently in appropriate circumstances.
• Life insurance industry experience preferred not required.
• Ability to provide support to newly trained CSR and handle escalated calls as needed.
Shifts are 7:00 am - 7:00 pm with flexible start times.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives