Sr Project Manager
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
The Senior Project Manager is tasked with managing complex strategic infrastructure projects across multiple groups in the AIG Chief Technology Office, Cloud Platform Services, Middleware and Database Managed Services, Solution Architects, Security, Network, Storage, Monitoring, Disaster Recovery, Commercial and Consumer Applications. The Senior Project Manager is also responsible for defining the project's scope, developing schedules, identifying budgetary needs and resource requirements, deliverables, and the timeframes for completion. Acts as the single point of contact for a team and collaborates with multiple groups to bridge communications and ensure project objectives, benchmarks, risks and costs are being met.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related field (IT, Computer Science, Engineering).
- 8 + years Project Management experience, leading IT projects.
- Knowledge and background of IT Infrastructure and/or IT Applications in areas of project management and transition to operations.
- Experience with Financials, including budgeting, forecasting, etc.
- Technical project planning using Microsoft Project including tracking/reporting of critical Milestones and monitoring program health and progress.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to conduct project meetings with established agendas and recording meeting minutes.
- Ability to analyze problems quickly and effectively manage and understand risks, issues, and effective escalations.
- Ability to interact well with executive leadership and senior management; strong presentation skills required
- Excellent written/verbal skills.
- Ability to adapt easily to change, can manage in an uncertain environment, and manage multiple tasks with competing interests for time and evolving priorities.
- Managerial leadership skills, including the ability to mentor, coach and develop staff.
- Requires advanced presentation and communication skills. Experience in conducting and facilitating meetings across key stakeholders. Experience and knowledge in negotiating scope, change, client and vendor agreements.
- This position requires knowledge of the business. Desire and ability to work across the organization and contribute to process improvement opportunities. Require knowledge and management of projects related to complex solutions.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives