Zonal President, Southeast
EM - Executive/Management
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Join 65,000 AIG colleagues who work together every day to make a difference around the world. Our employees exemplify our values of diversity, inclusion, and global citizenship - and in return, we offer world-class opportunities that lead to exciting careers across a broad range of disciplines. This is an opportunity to lead talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team, and we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with AIG.
The primary responsibility of the Southeast Zonal President is to develop the zone's business strategy and cascade this to branches within the geography to meet premium and profitability targets. As the zonal president the incumbent will be a strategic thought partner to develop the client segmentation and go-to market strategy for multiple lines of business in partnership with the product and sales/marketing leaders.
- Financial accountability for the zonal budgeted premium and P&L.
- Collaborate with product leadership on new business and renewal strategies for each product line and execute on those strategies within the zone.
- Collaborates with Lexington and other product leadership team to develop and deliver tailored distribution solutions for the zone by applying nationally consistent customer engagement strategy.
- Ensure client retention and satisfaction and ensure a culture of collaboration across the businesses for cross-selling and customer support.
- Interfaces with Broker Product Heads and clients on transactional issues.
- Drive a culture that promotes collaboration, innovation, diversity and inclusion; successfully conduct talent acquisition, employee engagement and performance monitoring/evaluation work; lead through example.
- Direct responsibility for underwriting resources in the zone and works to ensure alignment with Lexington product executives; ensuring underwriting teams are structured to effectively represent national priorities in local geographies.
- Lead staff focusing on mentoring, staff development, bench strength building and talent management.
- Ensures a culture of collaboration with AIG GI and other product leaders. Derives segment-specific insights to be shared with Product Heads for product development and Innovation for segment development.
- Develops customer engagement and go to market strategy for the zone; Communicates overall strategy and tailors to zones/branches, as needed. Develops segment-specific customer value proposition. Conducts research to identify industry segments with greatest local potential.
- Monitors local execution of customer engagement strategy; Ensures consistency and adherence to global guardrails.
- Recommends and drives implementation of local customer-centric initiatives in collaboration with zone/branch leadership.
- Supports best practice sharing across North America GI zones and branches.
- 15+ Years of experience years in Client Customer Support and Operations preferred that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 15+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience
- Expertise in at least one general insurance product line (Casualty, Property, or Financial Lines)
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to influence senior level management through clear, complete, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal stakeholders
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives