Senior Underwriter - E&S
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
Lexington Insurance Company
Lexington Insurance Company, an AIG company, has an opportunity in its Property Department for a Senior Underwriter for our wholesale business unit in the National Branch. He/She is expected to work effectively in an independent manner to successfully manage his/her book of business of new and renewal production along with contributing to the profitability of the property business portfolio. A Senior Production Specialist must be able to illustrate sufficient technical analysis and underwriting acumen combined with marketing and sales skills to meet underwriting goals (i.e., achieve growth targets and maintain loss and expense ratios). The key responsibilities of this position are as follows:
• Underwrite assigned risks handling a mix of accounts within and beyond their underwriting authority.
• Communicates risk appetite/AIG Value proposition to brokers.
• Develop strong long term broker relationships to profitably grow a book of business.
• Provide superior customer service to brokers and clients.
• Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions & deal structure with broker.
• Can influence decisions by use of engineering and analytics to differentiate AIG, as required.
• As appropriate, engage with engineering and claims in risk analysis and underwriting decision-making.
• Management of their book of business including setting up a broker plans, target account lists & pipelines along with arranging and monitoring plans for poor performing accounts.
• Participate in special underwriting projects as needed.
• 5+ years of Commercial Insurance Company, Agency or Brokerage experience
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
• Working knowledge of US Property lines of business, including product features, forms, regulatory environments and risks etc.
• Demonstrated sales, marketing, and relationship building experience
• High “EQ”
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated and results-oriented
• Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions
• Willingness to be flexible, learn on the job, and maintain a can-do attitude
• Comfort with analytical tools and technology
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives