UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
Risk Specialists Companies Insurance Agency, Inc.
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Property Casualty working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider and changing the way Americans think about, purchase and use insurance. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG. Position Summary: In this role, you will be responsible for underwriting complex new and renewal E&O, technology, media & cyber liability throughout the Southeast territory. To be successful, you must have strong marketing and analytical skills and make appropriate decisions within own underwriting authority and make appropriate recommendations to referral manager as needed.Performance Objectives:
• Reviews applications and financial requirements for risks requiring underwriting.
• Determines acceptability of risk in accordance with company guidelines and standards. Also, determines the need for additional evidence of insurability and appropriate strategy.
• Determines appropriate pricing based on financial and competitive analysis in line with compliance requirements. Prepares quotes and answers questions from brokers, policyholders or other external contacts and escalates issues to management along with proposed solutions as necessary.
• Negotiates with brokers to reach positive and profitable outcomes.
• Analyzes quality, quantity, and profitability of risks underwritten and prepares reports for management review.
• Develops and maintains broker/client relationships.
• Keeps current on macro economic issues and regulations, industry activity and trends and freely shares information with others.
• Utilizes underwriting policies and guidelines, rating manual rules and insurance laws and regulations.
• Production and underwriting of profitable new and renewal business to support global programs.
• Ensure all accounts are underwritten and structured with full regard to risk and profitability.
• Ensure files are well documented and comply with company and department standards.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• 3-5 years of experience in an underwriting capacity is preferred
• Strong understanding of financial and insurance concepts.
• Must be a self starter with a strong marketing presence.
• Excellent analytical, negotiation and communication skills are essential.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives