Sr. Strategy & Innovation Analyst
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Would you like to define the future of insurance? Help design the future of risk management at the intersection of business and technology? At the AIG Commercial IT Strategy group, we are working to reinvent the business of insurance. We turn innovative ideas into real business solutions and define business architecture, processes and systems that will improve the user experiences and productivity of millions of customers, brokers, and employees.
Our team captures fresh ideas and turns them into solutions collaborating with other innovation teams in AIG and external partners. We work on current and cutting-edge technologies (e.g., digital and robotic technologies) to develop the best solutions for Commercial, build and incubate prototypes and approve ones that make business sense for scaling and expansion across the Commercial organization. We work to make AIG a best-in-class risk management partner.
We are a team of high-performers from all backgrounds (e.g., design, computer science, consulting, data science, business) working on insurance technology and innovation and are looking to expand our team.
The Commercial Technology Business Analyst reports in to the Director of Commercial IT Strategy. She/he will facilitate and execute against the team's product development for a business tower. He/she will support relationships with internal business stakeholders at all levels, and collaborate with potential external stakeholders (vendors, partners).
• Assist the senior team members and senior executives to define opportunities that can be enabled through technology
• Contribute to building product roadmap and setting expectations with stakeholders
• Be the subject matter expert for technology, products and services, e.g., leverage data and analytics to make decisions on the priority of user stories in the product backlog to maximize business value; design product release feature packages and facilitate/lead product and user feedback meetings
• Help business stakeholder analyze the cost and benefit of different feature development and work with engineering and design resources to produce the best product possible.
• Work with data to turn raw numbers and business requirements into solutions and product features
• Identify pain points and generate ideas for investment and prototyping based on business and technology enablement opportunities
• Support opportunities to cooperate with third parties to upgrade AIG's own capabilities or access new distinctive data sources
• Lead and review statistical / data / financial analyses
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• Bachelors degree in business, CS or quantitative discipline
• 3-5+ years of experience in business and technology, with experience in business strategy, business process engineering, technology innovation, and systems definition
• A firm understanding of SDLC and general knowledge of agile development methodologies
• Experience working on complex business technology projects with multiple stakeholders
• Strong critical thinker with familiarity with “top-down, hypothesis-driven,” problem analysis and communication
• Ability to deal with senior stakeholders
• Honed communication and influencing skills
• Demonstrated ability to drive change through collaboration
• Proven ability to understand technical issues
• Strong plus, if the candidate has:
o Experience as a consultant in a top-tier firm or as a product manager with a leading financial services or technology companies
o Experience leading product management and development of data-driven products
o Experience with agile development
o Strong understanding of novel technologies
o Knowledge of insurance (e.g., underwriting, claims, special investigations)
o Hands on experience with technology
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives