UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
Risk Specialists Companies Insurance Agency, Inc.
As a Technical Underwriter you will be focused on developing a profitable book of Casualty business by underwriting the accounts and using pricing tools and underwriting judgment to develop a technical price range, suggested coverage terms/conditions and alternative structure options for Market-Facing Underwriters to utilize in quoting and negotiating decisions on new business and renewals. Reporting Relationships and Organizational Scope: We are seeking Casualty Underwriters who will part of a team responsible for underwriting and pricing new and renewal Casualty business. The Underwriters will report directly to the Technical Underwriting Manager. Responsibilities include:
• Analyze submitted account information for relatively small to medium accounts, evaluate risks and controls, and ensure compatibility with risk appetite.
• Apply underwriting judgment to pricing model results to generate a technical price range, suggested coverage terms/conditions and alternative structure options for Market-Facing Underwriters to utilize in quoting and negotiating decisions on new business and renewals.
• Ensure technical price ranges, alternative structure options and suggested coverage terms/conditions adhere to filed rating plans.
• Work with actuarial units, finance teams, and Business units across the organization to understand actuarial model applications and stakeholder requirements.
• Actively seek out ways to build your expertise, by learning more about Casualty and risk evaluation through formal and informal learning opportunities.
• An undergraduate Bachelor's degree.
• 1+ years of Casualty underwriting experience.
• Strong Analytical skills to understand numeric data to be able to interpret and apply actuarial pricing guidelines to specific situations. High degree of comfort with analytical tools and technology.
• Strong working knowledge of US Casualty lines of business (Workers Compensation, Auto Liability/Physical Damage, and General Liability) including product features, forms, regulatory environments and risks etc.
• Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions.
• Ability to facilitate cross function collaboration, especially regarding technical aspects.
• Extremely detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to self-direct, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
• Takes initiative on projects and assignments, seeks alternate solutions.
• Ability to communicate reasoning behind generated numbers.
• Highly motivated and results-oriented.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives