Virtual Reality Product Manager
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
The Virtual Reality (VR) Product Manager will support the Analytics team and Risk Engineering teams within Client Risk Solutions (CRS). CRS provides comprehensive insights into our clients' exposures and offers industry leading solutions through technical expertise, data and innovation to manage global business risks. The individual joining the CRS team will aid with content creation centered on development of proprietary training modules and materials to enhance workplace safety training and other training modules. Primary Roles and Responsibilities
• Effectively work in a dynamic environment to quickly create appropriate content for animation and virtual reality modules.
• Produce and manage schedules based on business and functional requirements, anticipating opportunities and pressure points and thinking strategically about how to address them
• Manage project milestones, daily tasks and deliveries in accordance with the approved schedule
• Liaise with clients, corresponding closely on bids, reports, approval documents, cash-flow, change orders, etc.
• Collaborate daily with project team and key support departments to ensure that all projects are completed to the highest standard achievable
• Provide verbal and written status reports to client, management and internal teams regularly
• Manage software development production cycles.
• Incorporate input from a diverse group of stakeholders across CRS into finished products
• Ideate new concepts for hazards training based on input from engineers and consultants
• Help with the development of the CRS analytics platform as necessary.
Desired Skills And Experience
• 3 - 5 years of experience as a CG or Game Producer at an agency, production studio or game developer
• Experience with software development production cycles and agile development/SCRUM
• Highly organized with first-class time and project management skill
• Thorough understanding of CG and/or development workflows
• Excellent client management and client-facing presentation skills, with the ability to communicate creative concepts and technical processes in simple language
• Strong crew management skills, with the ability to prioritize conflicting tasks and lead the team towards a common goal
• Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment in constant evolution
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives