Underwriting Specialist - Trade Credit
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Property Casualty working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider and changing the way Americans think about, purchase and use insurance. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG. Position Summary: The senior underwriter manages key relationships and reviews complex transactions for key targeted Trade Credit brokers/markets/industries. This is an integral position that provides front facing external/internal marketing responsibilities as well as management of office underwriting management duties and initiatives.Performance Objectives:
• Analyze domestic and international corporate credits, evaluating financial information, and recommending or approving appropriate credit limits and terms.
• Develop strong relationships with brokers and clients to grow the underwriter's book of trade credit business.
• Underwrite large/complex, new and renewal insurance submissions and negotiating policy terms and conditions.
• Effectively sell the complete suite of AIG Trade Credit products, capabilities and covered transactions and drive cross sell/marketing initiatives to build AIG Trade Credit reach and new business opportunities.
• Provide training, mentoring, and providing technical direction to underwriters to contribute to group revenue targets and meeting internal operations/audit directives for the division.
• Engage in various underwriting and marketing projects to improve overall company results.
• Meet operating and audit guidelines and goals of senior management
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• 3-5 years of experience preferred in an underwriting capacity is preferred.
• Proficiency in software packages Microsoft Outlook, Cap IQ, Salesforce).
• Solid organizational and communication skills are essential.
• MBA is strongly preferred.
• Foreign language proficiency valued, and underwriting, banking, or other credit analysis experience a
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives