SAS Data Analyst
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
As a SAS Data Analyst, the individual will contribute/lead the design and development of information solutions to address business challenges:
• Designs and develops viable and efficient information solutions using advanced SAS features & functionalities
• Regularly works to connect SAS data solutions with other software applications and operating system tools
• Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings with key stakeholders including Pricing data leads, portfolio actuaries, and underwriters
• Applies in-depth knowledge and experience of software validation and system development life cycle to daily tasks
• Applies experience to anticipate and be proactive in addressing potential issues before they become problems
• Participates on high impact departmental and cross-functional teams on process standardization, process improvements, system validation, and the acquisition, customization, and integration of new tools and technologies
• Coaches junior data analyst(s) on the design and delivery of information solutions
• Minimum 7 years of hands-on SAS programming experience.
• Proven expertise in all SAS language, procedures, and options including the Macro language, Advanced SAS, SAS EG.
• Experience working with SAS Grid or SAS on Unix is preferred.
• Experience with SQL procedures and SQL database is required.
• Experience in building SAS/SQL data mart is a preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills, demonstrated success to multi-task and deliver viable solutions in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Excellent and transparent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
• Positive and collaborative attitude
• Background in data analytics or data science is preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives