Director, Pricing Governance-Model Risk Acceptance
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
An innovative, analytic thought leader with excellent ability to partner with commercial pricing, reserving, business units, science, enterprise risk management, finance, operations, technology and other functional areas and analytic communities (both internal and external):
• Leading core projects to standardize critical pricing processes such as profitability study, AQI, AvE, Rate Change Monitoring, etc.
• Collaborating with modelers and actuaries in pricing, reserving, ERM and other areas to establish a consistent approach for advancing pricing capability.
• Working with actuaries and underwriters and others in different product areas to ensure proper implementation and governance of pricing strategies.
• Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities areas and drive improvement.
• Candidates who are credentialed member of Casualty Actuarial Society are preferred but not required
• Requires a Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, or related areas.
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
• Strong influencing skills - ability to work with cross-functional team to gather inputs and align objectives and recommendations.
• Effective in process engineering and change management.
• Creative problem solving and good understanding of technology management.
• Strong background in commercial insurance businesses, especially strong actuarial background/knowledge is a plus.
• Strong Project Management skills. Strong execution and results orientation
• Experience and knowledge in commercial property casualty insurance is preferred
• Experience in working with offshore team is preferred
• Proven ability to deliver pragmatic business solutions
• Proven business and collaboration skills, and responsive to service needs and operational demands
• Strong communication (oral and written) and influencing skills and demonstrated ability to work across interdisciplinary teams that are geographically dispersed
• Preferred proficiency in SAS/SQL/VBA
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives